- Portland, Oregon
- Santa Fe
- Hudson Valley
- The Hamptons
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Wine Lovers Alto Piemonte & Valle d'Aosta
- Emilia Romagna
- Priorat & Tarragona
- Basque Region & La Rioja
- Ribera del Duero
- Sparkling Champagne
- Julia's Paris
- Provence Package
African Relish Cooking School
South Africa's Great Karoo is an ancient, rich land of vast plains and endless blue mountains whose little towns reflect and embrace the multi-ethnic and cultural heritage of its early inhabitants: indigenous Koi and San tribesmen, Dutch and British settlers and the early slaves. This area's culinary traditions include dishes passed down over centuries, with fascinating ingredients and prepared with age-old methods. The Karoo's charming village of Prince Albert, poised at the foot of the Swatberg Pass - a Word Heritage Site - is home to the African Relish Cooking School. A stay here is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Package Inclusions (4 days/3 nights):
- 3 nights accommodations at the African Relish guesthouses. Artfully renovated and restored, they offer well-appointed, luxurious living space, privacy and serenity. Each is a historical little haven.
- Cooking lessons and demonstrations in the state-of-the-art kitchen at African Relish. Using local Prince Albert seasonal produce - vegetables, fruit, herbs and the famous fragrant lamb - a colorful and delicious array of South African and Karoo dishes will be created and enjoyed.
- All meals: 2 breakfasts, 1 Great Karoo Brunch, 3 lunches, 3 dinners and tastings including traditional Karoo cocktails with locally produced Witblitz - a traditional distilled drink.
- Visits to local markets and producers e.g. cheese makers, fruit farmers and olive oil tastings.
- Unique experiences: a ghost walk and village ramble led by a local historian and storyteller and a nature excursion led by a renowned botanist.
Priced from $1,200 per person, based on double occupancy.