- Sparkling Champagne
- Julia's Paris
- Provence Package
- Hudson Valley
- The Hamptons
- New Orleans
- New York City
African Relish Cooking School
South Africa's Great Karoo is an ancient, rich land of vast plains and endless blue mountains whose little towns reflect and embrace the multi-ethnic and cultural heritage of its early inhabitants: indigenous Koi and San tribesmen, Dutch and British settlers and the early slaves. This area's culinary traditions include dishes passed down over centuries, with fascinating ingredients and prepared with age-old methods. The Karoo's charming village of Prince Albert, poised at the foot of the Swatberg Pass - a Word Heritage Site - is home to the African Relish Cooking School. A stay here is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Package Inclusions (4 days/3 nights):
- 3 nights accommodations at the African Relish guesthouses. Artfully renovated and restored, they offer well-appointed, luxurious living space, privacy and serenity. Each is a historical little haven.
- Cooking lessons and demonstrations in the state-of-the-art kitchen at African Relish. Using local Prince Albert seasonal produce - vegetables, fruit, herbs and the famous fragrant lamb - a colorful and delicious array of South African and Karoo dishes will be created and enjoyed.
- All meals: 2 breakfasts, 1 Great Karoo Brunch, 3 lunches, 3 dinners and tastings including traditional Karoo cocktails with locally produced Witblitz - a traditional distilled drink.
- Visits to local markets and producers e.g. cheese makers, fruit farmers and olive oil tastings.
- Unique experiences: a ghost walk and village ramble led by a local historian and storyteller and a nature excursion led by a renowned botanist.
Priced from $1,200 per person, based on double occupancy.