- Sparkling Champagne
- Julia's Paris
- Provence Package
- Hudson Valley
- The Hamptons
- New Orleans
- New York City
A Provencale Epicurean Adventure
Sun-dappled, lavender and thyme-scented and blessed with a landscape that has inspired some of the world's greatest artists, Provence is a feast for all the senses. For generations, food lovers have made a pilgrimage to the south of France, delighting in its bustling markets, savoring its wines and relishing its cuisine provencale - a Mediterranean melange that features olive oils, garlic and its signature aromatic local herbs.
Our 5 day/4 night package offers a delicious taste of Provence, beginning with a tour of the historic Avignon and days in the countryside exploring picture postcard villages and experiencing life provencale. The itinerary incorporates guided market visits - including the famous L'Isle Sur Sorgues and its antique stores, hands-on cooking, wine tastings and more.
- 4 nights accommodations in the heart of Provence
- Private transfers to/from the airport in Avignon or the TGV Station
- Guided tour and tasting at Chateneauneuf-du-Pape
- Breakfast daily
- Hands on cooking lesson and lunch
- Mid-size car rental
- Wine and olive oil tastings
- Private guided visit to L'Isle Sur La Sorgues antiques market.
- Guided tour of Avignon and the Palace of the Popes (admission included)
Arrive in Avignon. Private transfer from arrival point (airport or TGV station) to the center of the historical city for a private walking tour that will include its Palais de Papes (Palace of the Popes), one of the largest and most important medieval buildings in Europe. Drive to your hotel in the heart of the countryside near the charming town of St. Remy de Provence where van Gogh painted his masterpieces Olive Trees and Cypresses.
After breakfast, morning at leisure.
This afternoon you'll explore the wine country of Provence and visit Chateauneuf-du-Pape to sample these beloved, world-renowned wines that offer fruit flavors ranging from cherry and blueberry to deep, rich raspberry and the aromas of violets and Provencal herbs and spices. The afternoon will include a visit to the hilltop site of the town's ruined castle with its panorama of the surrounding vineyards.
You'll breakfast at the hotel and then the morning will be dedicated to learning to cook Provencale cuisine. You'll explore a bustling local market with your chef to pick out seasonal ingredients and return to her kitchen and prepare lunch. Enjoy!
This afternoon will provide an opportunity to discover the towns of St. Remy de Provence that meanders below the Alpilles. This beautiful mountain range provided inspiration for Van Gogh and other artists. The day's itinerary will include a visual feast – the medieval citadelle of Les Baux de Provence - where you can stroll the cobblestone walkways. This area is famous for its olive groves and will include a stop at an olive oil mill and a tasting.
Breakfast at the hotel and then off to visit L'Isle Sur La Sorgues, known as the antique capital of France. Our architect/private guide will advise you on selecting exceptional French furniture for your home abroad. Service includes delivery to your door in the USA, Canada and Australia. Choose an outdoor cafe for lunch and people watching.
Breakfast at the hotel and at leisure until your departure. Private transfer to airport or TGV station.
- Hotels Mas de Carrasins (3 star) - this delightful 14 room hotel with its enchanting gardens of lavender, rosemary and thyme bushes is just a short walk to the village of St. Remy de Provence.
- Chateau de Roussan (4 star) - This elegant 13th century chateaux has beuatiful views from all the rooms and is close to San Remy de Provence.
- Oustau de Baumaniere (5 star) - A luxury hotel perched hillside of Les Baux, one of the most beautiful villages in France.